10.18.2012

Americain

(It says "American.  Saturday")

For some reason this note pinned to the back of the pants I picked up at the tailor's on Saturday made me so happy.  It probably shouldn't have since this nice man has tailored almost everything I own at this point and we should be on a first name basis...but he's taught me all the french words for "please take the waist in a million inches and let the rear out about as much" and that's good enough for me.

It's kind of funny, now that I think about it.  I pass his shop most days on my way to work and we say hello and exchange greetings (sometimes copious amounts of greetings) and he doesn't know my name.  Maybe he's too embarrassed to ask after measuring all my body bits...

But either way, it makes me happy to have established routines and familiarities with the people in my neighborhood.  Even if they do know me simply as "American".


I'm also not concerned that he's spelled it in the masculine form...should I be?

1 comment: