12.27.2014

Lovely Oman

Where have I been?  Oh here.  In onward assignment limbo.  But I thought I'd break the silence (and the emotional torture) with a little post about lovely, lovely Oman.  I haven't posted a lot about our time here and I have developed an idea that it's because it's so lovely and calm and beautiful.  Sounds like a crazy reason not to write, I know, but evidently I'm creatively motivated by discomfort and conflict.  I'm not sure how to unravel that just yet...

But anyway, I'm not much for New Year's resolutions but this year I'm going to work harder to share Oman.
Muttrah Souk Stained Glass Ceiling

Jebel Akhdar at Sunset
Ras Al Had

Oh, just a camel ranch

Jebal Akhdar Plants
The husband, contemplating they mysteries of the Universe
on Jebel Akhdar
Another great view from Jebel Akhdar
Muttrah Souk

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you're saying about the creative inspiration from discomfort and challenge!! I guess I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but since being in chile (so incredibly comfortable) I am not so compelled to update my blog either! When I think of the next bidding cycle, I just can't wait to find out what else is out there. I need more color and flavor and struggle! I know I'll bite my tongue... Can't wait to find out where you guys go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...says the woman just out of Angola - you are awesome Eve! Hopefully we'll find out in the new year :)

      Delete
  2. I am homesick now - even though it has been a few years now since Oman was home. Thank you for the photos! They fed my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something that I love about the foreign service - you form a connection to these places that were completely unknown to you and then become home. Hopefully this year I'll be posting a few more pics!

      Delete
  3. A fantastic country, we loved our visit there! Keep posting more photos/notes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement James and Sarah! I actually saw YOUR pictures a few weeks before we moved here and it really got me stoked about our time here. Funny :)

      Delete