9.05.2010

The Main Event

 Yesterday The 5 of us (Max, Myself, His Sister, and His Parents) braved the sweltering humididity and took the metro to the Main State office in Foggy Bottom to see Max sworn in as a foreign service officer.  The ceremony was perfectly meaningful and perfectly short.  Way to go my sweet Max.  I can't recall being so proud. 

 We looked down at the translation devices and noticed that they are all of Max's languages (save Portuguese).  It seemed perfectly predicting of our impending French-ification. 
Here's a pic from flag day.  Can you see the glee on our faces?

15 comments:

  1. yes, definitely. You guys are an adorable couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you beautiful people. Can I just say I am so happy and excited for you. It must be so nice to be doing something you really love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Max!! We are so proud of you. Also, I love the pictures Brookie! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max I'm so proud to call you my friend! You are amazing. I am proud of both of you. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly beautiful. So happy for your glee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting! Pass along my congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Max! And you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO exciting! What a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang it - you two look amazing together. Congratulations on Casablanca! I had to explain to Adam where Casablanca was. I've tried to get him to watch the movie, I swear. He just falls asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so cute. Miss you. Wish we could have been there for the ceremony. I am starting to save my $ for a trip to Morroco!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it weird that I'm bursting with pride when I think of you two? Well I am.
    These pictures? Fantastic. Makes me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete