8.31.2010

Parlez-vous Francais?

Again, thanks for all the kind words.  It means a lot.  The Foreign Service, for spouses, often means a lot of loneliness.  It's nice to know I have some internet friends out there who have my  back.  (I even know some of you in real life!)

But moving on to the matter at hand: French.  Remember I mentioned the crazy amazing benefits for spouses in the Foreign Service?  Well, for me, that will mean a 5 month intensive training course in French and North African Studies!  I know, shut the door, right?  Providing there is still room in the class next week I will get to go to work with Max everyday and we'll learn French together.  I'm SUPER excited, but also a little nervous.  With that kind of time and intensity there really isn't a reason why I shouldn't become an excellent French speaker...that's a lot of pressure. 

I imagine it will be like the days when we were back in college at the same time.  We'll pack our lunch the night before and try to be the responsible one in the morning who doesn't let the other sleep in past the third snooze alarm.

Bonjour Français!   

 

4 comments:

  1. I really hope that you are able to get into language training! That would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both courageous and ambitious. I love it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I would love to learn French! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete