12.22.2010

Because I Like Cemeteries

For the State Department Round Up this week "Small Bits" has asked for submissions of our favorite pictures.  This picture is of a cemetery on the Mount of Olives that overlooks Jerusalem. If you look close you can see little birds flying over the graves.  There are many "end of days" prophecies in Judaism and Christianity regarding these cemeteries - I'm not sure about Islam.   I started researching some of them, but then it occurred to me that I could harness the power of the internet and crowd source it.  So feel free to enlighten all of us if you know the Mount of Olives prophecies from any religion.   

3 comments:

  1. This week’s State Department Blog Round Up is here:

    http://smallbitsfs.blogspot.com/2010/12/state-department-photo-round-up.html

    and you’re on it! Please let me know if you have any objections and would like to be removed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help with your research, but the photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete