1.24.2010

What I've Been Making

I'm really excited about this series of journals I'm working on.  The second one has a picture of the Western Wall and if I do a third it will have an illustration of The Holy Sepulcher.  For you nerds out there, I sewed them on linen tapes and bound them with a traditional flat back case binding.  I used hand marbled paper I got in Siena, Italy last year for the fly pages and hand sewed head bands on top and bottom with the bead on the spine (not pictured).  I'm taking an Adobe Illustrater classes online again (lynda.com - you are the best thing since my Max) and the illustrations are original.    I'm thinking about making some sort of clamshell box or slip case to house them when I decide how many volumes I want.   



The second is a leather binding with a diamond shape spine pattern.  I'm not sure what I'll use it for...but I have visions of myself camping out in the old city and drawing so maybe I'll use it as a sketch book or a place to put finished paintings of the old city.  You know, when I actually get back to painting... 


6 comments:

  1. You amaze me. Just beautiful. I'm going to check out those online classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I again find myself full of lust for your fantastic books. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brookie, all I can say is WOW. Those are AWESOME!! How do you do that????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You amaze me. When you and Max get some PBS special documentary made about you I'm going tow watch it an pretend you are the biggest celebrities in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete