6.30.2010

An Ocean and a Rock

Well, we cleared some of those - rocks that is.  We are home.  We missed our initial flight (because I'm lame) and were delayed for about 24 hours getting home.  We spent the last 72 hours in planes, trains, taxis, busses, and shuttles, in Rome, London,  Chicago, and finally Salt Lake.  We survived two ginourmous layovers, the Heathrow airport, 2 sassy flight attendants, and one really crap hotel (I know I said those days were over, but desperate times...)   At one point I leaned over to Max in the plane and said "I'm never flying again in my whole life."  But then we both looked at each other and burst into laughter.

I'll finish blogging about Italy and then catch everyone up to speed, but the short of it is we had a lovely time abroad and we are thrilled to be home.  I drove a car today, ate a hamburger yesterday (a good one), and I'm about to watch something on Hulu.  God bless America.

5 comments:

  1. Oh WELCOME HOME!!!

    Can't wait to hear about the details!

    And NOW your days of "really crap hotels" are over.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I can't wait to hear some of your stories in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you made it home and survived Italy. Sorry that turned out to be such a raw deal - at least it was a beautiful one. I know what you mean about flying. It gets old, really old - but at least it gets us where we want to go! Good luck with the packing, sorting, moving and livin in DC!

    ReplyDelete