5.21.2011

"C'est Moi"


As we were walking home from the grocery store tonight Max and I came upon a very common scene here in Casablanca: a soccer parade.  I don't think that's really what they are called, but that's what it amounts to.  Scores of mostly teenage and early adult males swarm the streets and block traffic through the main thoroughfares of the city.  I'm sure it's annoying to drivers, but as a product of a serious soccer playing family it always brings me such joy to see the chaos.

There are evidently two big soccer teams here in Casablanca - Weedad and Raja.  As much as I'd love to go to some of there games I'm not sure it would be prudent given the dangerous mosh pit atmosphere that inevitably prevails, win or lose.    

This little boy in the front with his hand up ran up to my camera and said "C'est Moi!" or It's Me! just as I snapped the picture.    

Before the impromptu soccer parade Max and I had a lovely, lazy Saturday complete with buttery croissant at a little breakfast place down the street from our house.  They are part of my new diet...of deliciousness.   

1 comment:

  1. You cut your hair! Perhaps you did so a long time ago, but I haven't seen a picture of you in ages. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete