12.10.2009

What I've Been Making Part II



I was especially proud of the head band on my little black book (the red and orange stitching on the top of the spine).  I have never quite made one I like because they are a bit tricky, but I was pretty pleased with this one.  The brown book was my first experiment with a glued-in spine on leather and I was pleased with it also.  I've made some notes about what I'll improve on next time because I'd really like to work with leather more.  I've been trying to convince Max that that's why we definitely need to go to Morocco as soon as possible - for the leather. That's  a good reason, right?

Anyway I finished my paper at the crack of 2:00 AM the other night and I still liked it when I was done.  That's something.  The title ended up being "National Consciousness and Conflict: Exploring Archive as Identity in the Middle East".  When I sat down to write I found that I had research coming out my ears.  I narrowed my topic to the Middle East and talked almost exclusively about Palestinians and Jews.  That seemed appropriate considering the circumstances.  I have actually been thinking more and more about doing a Thesis instead of a portfolio at the end of my coursework.  I think this type of thing is something I could fill oodles of pages with.  We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. You crafty book-making fool. I still have the beautiful book you made me from Jordan. I almost feel bad writing in it because it's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made those?? I am so impressed! They are gorgeous! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful and I LOVE them! When we come visit, will you show me how?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The-sis, The-sis (chanted like de-fense at a basketball game. You would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Kelly - I have a blow up bed just waiting for you and Trav!

    ReplyDelete