10.08.2009

Why wouldn't the power go out JUST in our building?

Photobucket

Photobucket

When Max picked me up last night from my English class (which is going great, by the by. I'll post about it later, but I have 10 students!) he informed me that the power had been out for almost 4 hours. That included our refrigerator chuck full of food. Not awesome.

He was pretty frazzled about the way it had ruined his afternoon plans, so we swung by the grocery store and picked up a box of little tea-light candles and a carton of Ice Cream. I said to Max, "When I was little and the power went out we played Clue". So we lit two platefulls of itty candles and set up Monopoly. We finished off the ice cream (I know, all of it. We didn't have a freezer, what were we supposed to do?) and Max beat me three times in a row.

Once I got over my rage of loosing so terribly, we realized that it was a pretty fun night.

*The power came on later that night. Not the end of the world like we'd originally thought. I was drafting my request to the office for reimbursement of our spoiled food. I didn't have to use it, but it's nice to know that I've got one in there if I need to unleash it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. carl and i drove past your old apartment yesterday and I had an intense pang of missing you both!!!! hope you are doing well. happy late birthday max! much love.

    ReplyDelete