8.25.2009

Job Prospects!

So, I spent most of the day before yesterday emailing people about jobs and trying to sound awesome. So far it has paid off. I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a temporary secretary position at an International School and in the afternoon I have an interview with Amideast, an agency that teaches English as a second language to Arabic speakers.

I also got a call from the librarian at a different international school (where I applied to work but missed the deadline) and she needs a volunteer, at least in the short term.

So, I will see what happens. Some of them might conflict and I'll have to make some decisions. One pays - but only short term, another one pays but it's not really what I want to do, and the one I most want to do doesn't pay but it could turn into something. I'll just see how things go and decide later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is all compounded by the fact that the State Department could call at any moment and say, "get the hence to D.C.". As a girl who just spent the last year of her life doing something she doesn't want to do just to pay the bills I tell you this, follow your heart, the money will follow. Student loans will get paid back at some point. Being the following spouse is hard enough, doing something that you love will help the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you be the best in every way?

    ReplyDelete