8.22.2009

The Week in Bullets

- Max was offered an opportunity to rehearse with this Jerusalem choir for a while and see if the director likes him (and who wouldn't). We hope he sings at some sweet venues

- I didn't make it to the the library the other day because I went out to Ramallah (in the West Bank)with some of the sisters in the branch to visit another sister in the branch who is not allowed into Jerusalem to come to church because she has Palestinian Citizenship (more on that later).

- Our dear neighbor took me to some stores in her car where I got lamps and rugs and a new dish rack and all sorts of things that are making our house feel like a home

- We have AMAZING friends/neighbors/branch members all around us. I can't believe how blessed we are to come into such great people - every one of them.

- We found a website that will let us continue watching The West Wing, so we can finish the series afterall.

- Max and I listened to a little presentation followed by a Q&A from one of the Policy Aids to Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's Prime Minister (yowzer).

- I emailed several libraries in the area to see if I could volunteer.

- We are really figuring out how to use the bus system here

-Max is in the kitchen doing the dishes right now - what could be nicer?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is working out so nicely! Are you ready for school to start this week?
    Let's see another beard update from Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that the branch is swooping you up in it's love. Nice to have a second family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys are making friends in your new branch. It's always nice to have that support. I'm glad you guys have this great opportunity to travel and experience different parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete