9.03.2009

Nuggets from Library School

I have an Archives and Manuscripts class this fall and I came across this in one of my readings


The word “record” finds its roots in the combination of two Latin words: cor (meaning “heart”) and dare (meaning “to give”). Literally, “to record” something is to find a way to give it to your heart. A record, then, is a way to perform this action, a way to bring something back to your heart over and over again.


In part that describes while I keep a journal like a crazy person, to bring my life, my joys, and my experiences "back to my heart." Isn't that a nice thought?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brooke Brooke - you are so very dear. What a sweet entry. love to you both.

    Meeba

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would imagine that your journal would be a joy to read. Your posterity is lucky!

    ReplyDelete